What Is Newborn Care?
Your pediatrician helps calm any fears you may have about your newborn, their health, and any necessary specialized care. Dr. Larson is a valuable resource during your first couple of months and beyond.
Expert Newborn Care Offers Support Of You And Your New Baby By:
- Assessing and monitoring your baby’s health
- Identifying any health concerns early
- Tracking their growth and development
- Educating you on basic newborn care
- Answering any questions you have
- Initiating a recommended vaccination schedule
- Completing all recommended newborn screenings
- Assessing for feeding, digestive, or developmental problems
What Does Newborn Care Entail?
Newborn care begins immediately after birth with the specialists at the hospital where you give birth. Dr. Larson initiates care of your newborn within 24 hours of delivery in the hospital or within five days of birth in his office.
He performs a thorough newborn exam and orders blood work, newborn screenings, or any treatments they may need. Dr. Larson can also perform your son’s circumcision in the hospital or office. Your pediatrician helps calm any fears you may have about your newborn, their health, and any necessary specialized care. Dr. Larson is a valuable resource during your first couple of months and beyond.
A newborn exam involves an evaluation of your baby’s:
- Eyes, nose, and mouth
- Reflexes and neurological status
- Muscle tone and movement
- Cry and reaction to stimulation
- Lungs, heart, and abdomen
The team at Heber Valley Pediatrics excels in the care of newborns and their families. You are welcome to make a predelivery appointment to get to know the team, ask questions, and share any concerns you have with Dr. Larson.
For a prenatal consultation or to start newborn care, call the office to schedule an appointment with Heber Valley Pediatrics or use the online booking tool.